Wednesday, January 17, 2007

defeat looks better on the resume

Crumbled cotton,
_________hard
stale towel
w/ a wet moldy odor.

stepped into my interview
w/ a nervous stench
crawling
all over
the lobby
see
the cockroaches
scatter

"we'll pay you...9.50 an hour, plus benefits."


"what benefits?"


slave wages for
lower back pains

I
haven't had
a job since

12/12/05

I ran out
of money
8 months ago

I live on
hand outs,
hand-me downs,
laying on of hands.

humankind
turns
it back
and I'm about to die
w/o a cent
to my name...

I hear
laughter
and good times

closed-tired
doors creak
starving bellies
and bloody brains

this
is
a
reflection
of
my
subtle
blue

morn for me, man morn for me
pity is like a steak and eggs breakfast
we feast on snacks are too weak to feed
our soul-gut
I get up
and feel like
applying myself for
the first time
but my
resume
lays
in
the
gutter
w/ rain droplets
distorting
the ink
into
blurred tears
(I can't move)
frozen stuck
in headlights and
bumper stickers
I'm defeat w/a resume

No comments: