Thursday, February 26, 2009

cash is the root of a roof

if the money is good
the roof isn't made out of
glass

if the money isn't so
good then you have to share
a roof with people
you love, but think
you're a worthless bum
that needs to get off his ass
and get a job.

the second Coors light goes down
with heart burn and i wonder
if the depression is a view of
my sociological research

self-pity has no room
in the outcome of ambition
or the end goal of the world point
of view

in God's ideal world
we'd own nothing
but our hearts and
give only the love
of our actions


here on earth a bum approached
me for spare change
I handed him 40 cents, my last 40 cents
and i couldn't pay for dinner
but someone who loves me
kept my belly warm
and grace is seen when
we strip down the
riches of comfort.

crisis the
world is in a crisis
I see it not.
we're in a renewal of faith

No comments: