Sunday, September 21, 2008

the sorrow of a broken eagle wing

spit kickin
shit talking
FOOL

the world in all its splendor
rejects you

the women want nothing from
your lips

the men
want you locked up

the
higher educated want to understand
your obsession with failure

the poets
always
wanted your lips
sealed with
blah blah
blah

the
relinquished death
of your father's
legacy
your
mother's
health
the
credit
cards
max'd


you've failed the system
and the way of the world
rolls
its grip over your
frail stomach
the lower class
has been
isolated from the starving finger tips
of the middle class

and i watch my pride
get humiliated
in front of
the watch tower
of airport control
the road won't have me
______ who
________________________will?

I've been squandered
by convention
and convoluted
by technology

if I Die
open to suggestions
then I'll shrivel under a sun
that held a judgement
of character
in a pin needle
I'm the last
bull headed
die_hard
free man

and they'll have me

locked up in
two or three hours

bombs away
bombs away
calm
souls
and fishing line
the reels in the catch of
a
killer
the
insanity helps
figure out the
pain
by sinking teeth into

the skin of a mad man
gone soft


I've lost my way

too long ago
was peace in the heart
now
the
ache
of
let
downs,
hardships,
depression,

keep the nights
long
the
days
even longer
the
killjoy of it all

No comments: