Tuesday, August 21, 2007

LA/IOWA/AZ/San Deigo/The BAY/DENVER

born and raised

here


did my schooling
here


partied
and got the inspiration here

struggled and barely stood a float
here


a

new job
here...



the train of Kerouac haunts
my window in east Oakland
rushing bye
making sure I never sleep so I can take

all this

life

in

I meet people
I try to be
filled an anxious answer
to all the suffering
but I knew that saints march in
only to be victorious in heaven
and
despised on earth


my birth name
means God supports

and he does
he is often the leg
that keeps my crutch
together

long ago
I got the sickness
and

since then I've been
poor and hidden from this world now I'm lashing out

I only wanted to

be

an artist

in this world

and to

paint and

gain the

fame

that only

comes to the shit kicking

poets


of
yester year


now the long lost

Ideal of

social movements takes the hind
seat for
some

foolish race to media

glamor butterfly shots

they forsake their
character

to chase

bills that buy packaged-processed
foods

0 trans fat!
0 trans fat!

this is on all food
so fat people think

skinny is in their grasp

in there


reach for some kind of
immortal US weekly cover


the

trick

is
to believe

that someone out there
is better than God

once you buy it

you're no longer able to see

yr forehead and heart will be marked


I'm that last call

booze on Sunday
stale Monday morning

________________grave


there was this one time where the inspiration was so
profound that I got goose bumps and the air changed scents

the world was
alive
and I knew

it



it all changes

in a

beating

of blood racing
through

hearts



here

we

are

with a
car
load of belongings


not

belonging


to

anything

No comments: